Booster
As some of you might know, I had planned to pack one of our booster seats, but at the very last moment I realized that it wasn't going to happen. I thought for sure it would be easy to access one in Costa Rica, but oh how wrong I was :-( They do have highchairs here, but they are quite expensive and Levi is big enough for a booster so I really didn't want to shell out the money for a highchair if he didn't really need one.
We didn't give up looking for a booster. A friend of ours told us about a store at one of the local shopping malls called Universal; she said that they might have one. We checked and sure enough they had one. I was almost drooling because it had been probably a little over a week with out one. Cohen and I thought we should hold off on buying one until we had a chance to check the student sale at the language school that was coming up the following Friday.
I waited, but it was oh so hard. You wouldn't believe how creative and patient you have to be to hold an almost 1 year old everytime you need to feed him. I kind of got used to it and I think he did too. We tried belting him to the chair, but he didn't like that very much and decided to fight against it and we tried to tie him to the chair with his little apron and that worked ok, but I was still longing for that booster we saw at Universal.
The student sale at the school came and went and no booster seat! Cohen went right out and purchased that booster seat that his wife had been wanting so badly for the past 2 weeks or so. What a great husband he is! When he walked in the door with that beloved chair I could have done a little dance! I don't kow how many times I thanked him, but I'm sure he heard it several times a day for a few days. I think I will thank him again when I am done writing this :-)
My next wish is for Iva to have a booster, but I think she can hold out until family comes to visit. Thankfully she is big enough to manage ok, but it sure would be nice to see her little face above her plate a little more.
Only a mom could ramble on about booster seats and such! I hope I didn't bore you too much :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment