Well, the day has finally come when one of our children gets sick and has to stay home from school. Sunday, Iva started having a weird cough, but no other symptoms and we thought maybe it was some sort of allergy to her new environment. Well, Sunday night she woke up coughing and that bothered us a little bit. Then Monday morning came and she seemed fine for the most part so we went ahead and went to school. Monday night she woke up coughing again and it was a little bit worse than before. There is a Dr. at the school every Tuesday and Thursday so we signed Iva up for a 9 a.m. appt on Tuesday just to have her looked over.
Tuesday morning came and Iva saw Dr. Longworth. After the appointment, Cohen and Iva showed up at the door of my language class and motioned me outside. I asked my teacher if I could be excused and I stepped out of the room. Cohen then tells me that our little Iva has a minor case of bronchitis! Not only that, but come to find out, she is contagious! Wow, we weren't expecting that one!
Cohen went home with her for the rest of the afternoon and I am with her today. She has some meds to take three times a day and she doesn't care for that at all! She has to stay home until she is over the cough. She is doing great even though she is under the weather. You wouldn't even know that she was sick if you didn't hear her cough. She is happy and is eating good, she just has that nasty cough. I'm glad that it is just a minor case and I hope it doesn't get any worse and that it will go away quickly so we can get back in our routine. I also hope that the rest of us don't get it, especially Levi since he is the littlest. Only time will tell.
Iva cried and cried when Cohen, Samuel and Levi left for school this morning. She just didn't understand why "Iva" couldn't go to school too. She was pitiful, but I told her that we would just stay home and have some girl time. She got over her sadness pretty quick. She is resting now so I guess I better make better use of my time. I'm not use to having just one little one around. The possibilities are endless :-)
By the way, the picture of her is a posed one. I told her to put her hand on her head so she would look a little more pitiful :-) Otherwise, she would be grinning from ear to ear and not look sick at all! She is so funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment