Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The 30 Year Old

This is a few days late, but Cohen turned 30 this past Friday, March 27th!!!  We had a small family party for him with pizza from Paulista's, french fries, cake, ice cream and of course singing :-)  We followed all the good eats with our normal Friday tradition of watching a movie together.  Even though it wasn't a huge celebration, I think he enjoyed himself.  I know the rest of us did for sure.
 
After singing happy birthday to him, he of course blew out his candles, but then we lit the cake again so the kids could help him blow them out again.  They loved it!  Levi didn't get to help though since he was at the other end of the table so I took the cake down to him so he could check it out a little before we cut it.  I had to be careful because I think he was having flashbacks from his first birthday :-)  He was about to dig right in!
 
So, Cohen now joins me in being 30.  For about four more months we will be the same age and then I will move on up a year.  It is nice to have company in my old age :-)  Just kidding about the old age part :-)
 
Well "Happy Birthday" sweetie!!  We love you so much!!!  We enjoyed being able to celebrate with you on your special day :-)  There is still one little piece of cake left and it is all you!

No comments: