Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This Past Sunday

Well, we were out at Boom Creek Village this past Sunday for worship again and Cohen got to preach again.  Very cool, but he didn't know that he was going to be preaching (and in Spanish) so, as you can imagine he was excited yet nervous.  He did great though.  He told Pastor Santos that he would try to preach in Spanish, but wasn't sure how well he would be able to do since he hadn't prepared.  He started out in Spanish and then ended up asking the pastor if he would mind translating for him the rest of the time.  Of course the pastor said yes, and Cohen continued in English.  I'm thankful for this because I was able to understand more of his message this way.  He felt a little down about not being able to do better in Spanish, but under the circumstances, I think he did great.  After all, the message ministered to me and that says something right there.  I'm sure it ministered to others too!
 
I also wanted to mention this funny thing that Iva did.  I was listening to Cohen's sermon when I heard Iva (sitting right next to me) say, "Look, Mommy!"  I looked over in her direction to see her sitting in her chair with her dress pulled completely over her face!  Of course I was laughing on the inside, but told her to put her dress back down.  Silly girl!  I guess we need to have a little talk about what to do and not to do in a dress :-)  As soon as I saw her do this I knew I needed to blog about it.  I knew all of you out there would get a chuckle out of imagining Iva in Church with her dress over her head :-)
 
This is a picture of us in the back seat of the Farley's pick-up truck.  Can you believe our whole family fits back there.  And you can see some other people in the bed of the truck.  This is how we get out to the village each Sunday for church.
 
 

No comments: