Saturday, August 17, 2013

Iva’s 7th Birthday

This was the morning of her birthday.  I was still in the hospital so, sadly, I missed this moment.  The birthday breakfast is always a special time in our house.  Here she is with her birthday pancakes …

DSC_0055crop DSC_0058crop DSC_0059crop 

She wasn’t the only one excited that morning.  Her brothers were excited too.  They were all getting ready for their trip to the hospital. Just two days before Iva’s birthday, their new baby brother was born.  They got to meet him for the first time on Iva’s birthday. What a neat birthday present!

DSC_0069DSC_0064 DSC_0076

I wonder what Levi was saying here?

DSC_0077

Getting to hold baby brother …

Let me see if I can remember what each of them said as they held him for the first time.

Iva said, “He’s cute.”

DSC_0078

Levi said, “He’s soft.”

DSC_0086

Nathanael said, “He’s heavy.”

DSC_0090

Samuel said, “He’s awesome!”

DSC_0091crop

We did have a party for her, but we had to postpone it for a couple of weeks. She was so excited! Check out her cake!  Thank you Aunt Julie :-)

DSC_0130crop DSC_0135crop 

And, as I type this I realize that our little princess will soon be 8!  Only about 6 months to go!  How time flies!  We love you Iva Dough … you bring so much joy to our family!

No comments: