Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ladies Day Out

So, I usually spend most of my time at home and don't get to really see a whole lot of Belize for the most part.  That changed yesterday.  For the past 3 weeks or so, some of Cohen's students, the ladies, have been trying to plan an outing to visit one of the student's homes in Barranco Village. 
 
This past Saturday we made the trip.  Marlem, Naema and I rode out to Barranco together.  It took us a little over an hour to get there.  Most of the trip was made on a very, very, very long rocky dirt road.  Let's just put it this way, I should have taken some motion sickness medicine before we left that morning :-(  We made it though safe and sound and I felt better about 30 minutes after we arrived. 
 
We visited with Angie, who lives in Barranco.  It was a pleasure to finally get to meet her!  I had talked to her on the phone before, but had never actually met her until that day.  We also got to visit with Pastor Rosalio (Angie's pastor), his wife Ritsi, their little 1 yr. old daughter and some other ladies in her church.  A very special day for me.  To be able to spend some time with Cohen's students is priceless.  It really helps me see the bigger picture.  Marlem, Naema and Angie all shared with me and the other ladies in Barranco just how much of a blessing it has been for them to be in Cohen's class.  It brought tears to my eyes to hear their testimonies as they shared with the other ladies in Barranco.  And it also brought tears to my eyes as I realized just how blessed I am to be able to call these ladies my friends and my sisters in Christ. 
 
I hope I get to visit there again one day.  Next time with some medicine for my motion sickness :-)  It took me about 2 days to recover from feeling so yuck :-/  But, it was worth it!

No comments: