Saturday, February 18, 2012

Iva is 6

I feel kind of bad that I am posting this so late.  But, it is better late than never, right.

Our sweet girl turned 6 on February the 9th and we had a wonderful day just simply celebrating her.

A tradition that we started because of something that my sweet Mama always did for me on my birthdays growing up . . . Birthday breakfast!  Complete with a candle. Only my Mama always brought it to me in bed. I’m not quite that good yet, but I think she enjoyed it :-)

DSC_0093Then some gifts . . .

DSC_0098 DSC_0108 DSC_0123cropAnd, at her request, a trip to the park . . . DSC_0132 DSC_0136  DSC_0148It was a bit muddy and unfortunately, Samuel found himself right in the middle of it :-( He wasn’t happy and not too thrilled that I somehow thought that his misfortune was worthy of a picture. DSC_0150 DSC_0151

Then came the cake . . .DSC_0162  DSC_0164 DSC_0167 DSC_0168 DSC_0170

Then more presents.  This time from Grandparents :-)

DSC_0179 DSC_0182 DSC_0185 DSC_0192 DSC_0194

And, finally, we went out to eat.  The restaurant that she had requested wasn’t open, so we had to go to a different one.  She was still happy though because she was able to get rice and beans which is what she had her heart set on anyway :-)DSC_0201 DSC_0202 DSC_0204 Samuel loves to make faces for the camera . . .DSC_0205 And, Nathanael loves to hide from the camera . . .DSC_0206 Isn’t she beautiful!  She brings so much joy into our lives! They all do!  We are so thankful for each year that the Lord gives us with them.  And, this February we are celebrating 6 wonderful years with our precious daughter.  We love you so much sweet Iva!  Hope you had a wonderful day!DSC_0208

No comments: