Saturday, February 18, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog, That is the Question

How do other moms do this blogging thing on a regular basis?  I find that I am getting farther and farther behind.  I enjoy blogging and I enjoy reading my friends’ blogs, but finding time for either one of these activities is proving difficult for me to say the least.  But, non the less, here I am trying to keep my blog alive.  So here goes . . .

Where do I start? This is as good a place as any . . .

We got a sofa set right at the first of the year!  This is something that we have wanted for a while, but didn’t get for a few reasons.  Well, things have changed and thanks to our very kind parents, we can now rest comfortably in our own living room!  The children were so excited when they walked into the living room and found these new and comfy creature comforts :-)  They couldn’t hardly contain themselves.  Of course Cohen and I were pretty excited too and we have been enjoying them as well.  We have just kept our excitement to a more controlled level, of course.DSC_0166 DSC_0168 DSC_0187 DSC_0188

And, on January 7th Cohen graduated his first group of students!  They started class back in October of 2009.  Don’t they look great in their caps and gowns!  The Lord has done and will continue to do a great work in and through this group!  What an exciting day for all of us!  DSC_0222

Samuel and Levi got a bunk bed and Nathanael moved into their room with them.  Now Iva has her own room.

Here is the bunk bed . . .

DSC_0006

And, here is the BIG boy who was finally moved out of his pack n play and into his brothers’ room . . .

DSC_0083

Marnie (Cohen’s mom) came to visit us for about 3 weeks while Cohen was away taking some more Seminary classes in Louisville, Kentucky.

DSC_0028 She made a really special book for the children and shared it with them after she arrived.  It is called Our Quiet Book and they love it!  However the “Quiet” Book sometimes causes the opposite of “quiet” when the youngest two try to play with it together :-) They love it so much that they just have a hard time being, well, “quiet”.  We are working on that :-)  As Nathanael will say as he ask to see the book, “No screaming, No crying, Be nice.” At least he knows what he is supposed to do.  Now we have to work on actually doing it!DSC_0047 DSC_0054 Out in front of our house trying to get a good group shot.  I think it turned out pretty good considering we have 4 busy kiddos.DSCN1147

While Marnie was still here, little Miss Iva lost another tooth!

DSC_0065 Then (and this is a BIG one) on February 1st we finally received our Residency!!!!!  We are Official Residents of Belize now!!!!!  You may have already seen this picture on Cohen’s blog, but I had to repost it.  Can’t you just see the thrill in his face? This is a big deal that has been about 9 months in the making!  No more trips to the Immigration office for us each month :-)

DSC_0084

Well, the next few pictures deserve their own post so I am going to end this one here.  Hope you enjoyed the update :-)

No comments: