Saturday, May 19, 2012

Samuel’s 8th Birthday

It is hard to believe nearly a month has already past by and I haven’t posted any pictures from Samuel’s birthday, but he turned 8 on April 20th and we had a wonderful day celebrating him.

It is also hard to believe that the little baby who first made me a mother is 8 already, but it’s true.  Wow, how time flies.  I was told that it would happen and now I am seeing it before my eyes.

Samuel is such a joy and a blessing to us.  He is learning so much and is so interested in the world around him.  He talks nonstop about whatever is on his mind at the time and changes his mind weekly about what he wants to be when he grows up.  Currently he wants to be a pop-up book maker and has been trying his hand at that.  It amazes me just how much he has grown these past 8 years!

DSC_0011 DSC_0024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anyway, we spent his special day together as a family and even had some friends show up just after lunch.  Here are some pictures . . .

DSC_0074

Traditional Birthday Breakfast!  This year he got cinnamon rolls . . . yum, yum!

DSC_0077

He decided that he wanted to change things up a bit and have brownies instead of a cake.  He helped me put the letters and candles in it.  Doesn’t it look great!  I love this picture! I love our children!

DSC_0084 DSC_0086 DSC_0087 DSC_0089 DSC_0092 DSC_0094 DSC_0102

DSC_0106Our friend, Balbina and her girls stopped by to visit for a little while.  Isn’t this picture below absolutely adorable!DSC_0121crop

Iva had been drawing on our dry erase board the day before Samuel’s birthday and I thought I would add a little to it to make it a birthday surprise for Samuel.  I think it turned out nice :-) DSC_0123

We love you so much Samuel and feel so blessed to have you in our lives!  It is such a joy to see you learning and growing.  We are so thankful for the 8 years that we have had with you and look forward to many more!  Our prayer for you is that you will grow to be a strong man of God, living your life for Him.  Happy 8th Birthday Samwise!

No comments: