Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kindergarten

So, Kindergarten started this week in our home and well, I think it went great.  I started out with 2 students on the first day and before the Bible lesson was over I only had 1 student (Samuel).  Iva decided that she wasn't quite ready for school so I told her that she could go if she wanted to.  I'm not going to force her to stay.  After all, she is only 3.  She still has plenty of time and I'm sure she is going to pick up on some of the learning anyway even if she isn't sitting in our classroom everyday.
 
Samuel did great during his first week and just amazes me how quickly he learns and picks up on things; especially the things of the Bible.  We already knew that he had a knack for memorizing scripture and biblical principles.  On the first day of class I was teaching on the 7 days of creation and he was just soaking it up.  All throughout the week I would see if he could tell me about those 7 days of creation and he never failed to give the right answers.  I would even ask him what God did on each day and mix up the days as I asked him and he always answered correctly.  Honestly, I get mixed up with what God did on each day, so I was just amazed at how well he was doing with just having learned it.  Way to go Samuel!  God is really helping you little man!!
 
I am excited about home schooling our children, but of course we need a lot of prayer.  When we come to mind, would you please lift us up to the Father and ask him to help us as we start this new exciting journey together.  I understand that this is a very important task that I am taking on and I don't want to take it lightly.  Sometimes it is going to be hard for me to be Mommy and Teacher and sometimes it is going to be hard for Samuel to be son and student.  But, one thing it will always be is a blessing and a pleasure to teach my sweet Samuel!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You will certainly be in my prayers! I have undertaken the huge task of attempting home preschool for our three! I pray often for myself and will now include you as well. I completely understand how you feel and am right along side you, if only through your blog!